Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/95/3763495/html/EIOH/Forum/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
(bulkheads

Author Topic: (bulkheads  (Read 211 times)

rebman

• View Profile
(bulkheads
« on: October 10, 2019, 07:59:26 AM »
can I erect a partition on the property line into the water to keep the bow of the boat next door from protruding under the back of my boathouse?

Lee Longstreet

• View Profile
Re: (bulkheads
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
You technically own out to 1/2 way across the canal.  However, you cannot build anything past 12' or 10' depending on what source you go by.

There are cases where you need to create that partition.  One would be the situation where you have a pool and it is possible to walk from a neighbors dock to yours.  The law requires yards with pools to be fenced so you would have to either build a fence to secure your yard or fence off the pool itself. 

I am not the authority but the parish may have some input.  If it were me I would probably build the fence you want but not out more than 10'. 

Please zoom in with the Assessors GIS site to get an idea of your property lines before building then back off a few inches just to be safe.  See https://atlas.geoportalmaps.com/st_tammany